Are you in the market for a used forklift? At any given time, there are hundreds, or perhaps thousands of used forklifts for sale in Denver and throughout the Rocky Mountain West. Buying well maintained, pre-owned fork trucks is usually a sound strategy and it will likely save you some money. Here are some of the benefits of buying equipment on the used market:
Used Forklifts in Denver
When purchasing new equipment, terms negotiation and vehicle delivery can take weeks or months. Conversely, one great advantage of used forklift sales is that they are generally local, tend to close fast and you can take delivery right away.
Used Forklift Pricing
Similar to buying a pre-owned car, you will often pay less money when you buy previously owned forklifts. A used forklift price discount depends very much on the truck category and lift truck brand, but you will almost always pay substantially less for used equipment. If you track down a used forklift for sale, the best practice is to check pricing on two comparable vehicles in your city to confirm you’re being offered a fair deal.
Used Forklift Values
Buying used forklifts has the added advantage of allowing you to get better equipment than you could normally afford to buy new. Pre-owned forklift prices for newer models that are nearly the same as the newest available can be highly discounted, which means you can get the latest technology for a fraction of the price of new.
Used Forklift Dealers
When purchasing from a used lift truck dealer that is also a distributor, you can get factory certified, previously owned forklifts that are just about equivalent to buying new. These previously owned forklifts are fully examined, cleaned and refurbished by factory trained professionals and they frequently come with a warranty.
Purchasing from a dealer can also provide you access to their service contracts, lease programs, parts program and other advantages that are not available with a private purchase.
Since you’re now up to speed on some of the advantages of buying previously owned forklifts, you might want to consider a few other factors to see if a previously owned forklift approach is right for your business:
- Equipment Hours of Use: how much will you be using your forklifts? If your fork trucks will be in use all day, seven days a week, it could likely be more advantageous to lease your lift trucks or buy them new, despite the fact you’ll pay more up front. Intensive utilization scenarios are more appropriate for new forklifts, or trucks that you’re not ultimately responsible for maintaining.
- Maintenance Capability: are you employing mechanics that can maintain your previously owned forklifts? If you have a mechanic on payroll that can maintain and repair previously owned forklifts, it makes sense to buy used equipment. When you don’t have those types of skills in house, you should consider a service agreement.
- Trustworthy Preowned Forklift Dealers: buying from a reputable, knowledgeable dealership is always sensible. Dealers will often unload off-lease trucks that have been consistently and properly maintained. Private transactions, on the other hand, are always a gamble—you typically can’t verify the true history of the forklifts or the manner in which they were maintained.
- Forklift Safety: if you’re buying used equipment, you should always be mindful of safety as your primary concern. For every transaction you should request a used forklift inspection from an authorized professional.
- Used Forklift Buyer Protection: previously owned forklifts purchased from dealerships frequently come with a temporary warranty. When you can buy an extra warranty or service agreement, you may want to evaluate the added charge vs the outlay of purchasing new equipment.
Used Forklifts For Sale in Denver
If you’d like to buy a used forklift or get information on used forklifts for sale in Denver or anywhere in the Rocky Mountain West, you can speak with a professional at Welch Equipment Company by calling (303) 393-8181.
Welch Equipment Company
5025 Nome St
Denver, CO 80239
Serving Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Columbine , Commerce City, Denver, Englewood, Federal Heights, Golden, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Lafayette, Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Louisville, Northglenn, Parker, Superior, Thornton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge